We have a new website with a fresh range of services available. You can visit it here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Contact Management

Contact Management supports operational staff as well as the general public across Derbyshire. We deal with all initial 999 and 101 non-emergency calls.

The Centralised Contact Management Centre, located at force headquarters in Ripley, is home to the Force Operations Room. There are two sections within the Force Operations Room: the Force Control Room and Force Contact Centre.

We have produced some excellent performance in recent years and provide a vital service for the force and the people of Derbyshire.

How do I get in touch with the police?

There are many ways you can get in touch with Derbyshire Constabulary. Please visit our contact pages for further details.

What if my first language is not English?

Derbyshire Constabulary has access to Language Line, a 24-hour Telephone Interpreting Service and, if required, can connect you to a qualified interpreter within 60 seconds.

This is especially suitable for making and receiving phone calls where language support is required.

What standards can I expect to receive?

Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to delivering the provisions contained within the national Quality of Service standards and the Victims' Code.

We are committed to improving the satisfaction levels of the public when in contact with the police and to improving the experience for victims of crime in respect of the whole criminal justice system, from reporting a crime to giving evidence at court.

Is my call going to be recorded?

Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to delivering an open and transparent service wherever possible.

All calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Should you wish to know what information (if any) the Constabulary holds about you, you need to complete a Subject Access form.  

Payment of a £10.00 fee and proof of identification must accompany a completed application form.

Download the Subject Access Aplication Form by clicking on the link under 'Related Documents' to the right.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.