We have a new website with a fresh range of services available. You can visit it here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Report a Crime

This section explains all the ways you can notify us of crimes committed, or about to be committed, in the Derbyshire Constabulary area.

Emergency - dial 999

The 999 number is a 24 hour service and should only be used in situations where there is:

  • Danger to life
  • Use, or immediate threat of use, of violence
  • A crime in progress
  • Serious injury to a person
  • An offender has just been disturbed at the scene
  • A need for immediate police attendance such as when a crime is about to be committed

Read more on how we deal with 999 calls.


101-x220-165If you want to report a crime, pass on concerns about your area or simply want to make an enquiry, call our new 101 number.

You can call this number from anywhere in the UK to get through to Derbyshire Constabulary. You will be asked which force you would like to be connected to.

Find out more about our new, easier-to-remember 101 non-emergency number.

Are you deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired? You can call our new non-emergency number via a minicom on 18001 101. Read more about services available to you.

Read more on how we deal with non-emergency calls.

If for any reason you are unable to dial the 101 number, please call 0345 123 33 33.

Calls from overseas

A telephone number of 01773 730215 is provided for the exclusive use of overseas callers only.

Contact Crimestoppers  

Do you have information about criminal activity taking place in your neighbourhood?

Perhaps you were a witness to a crime but want to keep your identity secret?

You can provide anonymous information about crimes by calling 0800 555 111, 24 hours a day and seven days a week. You can also provide anonymous information without ringing, by sending it through a form on the Crimestoppers website.

You can also tell Crimestoppers if you recognise anyone in our Caught on Camera gallery.

Visit the national Crimestoppers site for more information about this independent registered charity.

Other reasons to get in touch


Terrorists won't succeed if someone reports suspicious activity - and you are that someone.

In an emergency, dial 999

If you consider anything to be suspicious or connected with terrorism, call either the national Anti-Terrorism hotline on 0800 789 321or Derbyshire Constabulary on 101.

Read more about how Derbyshire Constabulary works with communitiesto help those who are vulnerable to being drawn into criminal activity. This could be in relation to drugs, knife crime, guns and gangs or involvement in violent extremism.


Action Fraud logoAction Fraud, the UK's first national fraud reporting centre, takes crime reports from victims of fraud and provides a crime reference number. This information is then fed to the police's National Fraud Intelligence Bureau to gain a more complete national picture of fraud. Action Fraud also provides a wide range of information about how to protect yourself from becoming a victim.

For more advice or to report a fraud, visit www.actionfraud.police.ukor call 0300 123 2040.

Hate crime

Have you been intimidated, harassed, victimised or abused because of who you are or what you believe in? Find out more about this type of crime and how to report it in our hate crime ages:

What is hate crime?

Disability hate crime

Homophobic/transphobic crime

Racist crime

Forced marriages

Human trafficking

A new phoneline has been launched for victims of human trafficking.

The freephone number 0800 783 2589asks victims and those who suspect trafficked victims are living in their community to pass on information in confidence to the police.

The phone line is staffed by officers between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. At other times messages can be left for officers.

In an emergency, people should call 999.

Internet-related crime  

In an emergency, dial 999

For non-emergency reports and intelligence, dial 101.

Read how the Internet Watch Foundation allows you can report illegal content on the webincluding child abuse images. You can also visit the Internet Watch Foundation websitedirectly.

Visit the Virtual Global Taskforce website, which allows you to report inappropriate or illegal activity towards children online.