We have a new website with a fresh range of services available. You can visit it here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Abandoned Vehicles

An abandoned vehicle

Where it isn't causing an obstruction to the highway, abandoned vehicles should be reported to your local council.

Taxed vehicles cannot be treated as abandoned by the
council. To report an untaxed vehicle on a public road, please report it direct
to the DVLA. Your report will be investigated.

Council details

Derbyshire County Council

Telephone: 01629 533190

Visit their website

Amber Valley Borough Council

Telephone: 01773 570222

Visit their website

Erewash Borough Council

Telephone: 0845 907 2244

Visit their website

Bolsover District Council

Telephone: 01246 242424

Visit their website

Chesterfield Borough Council

Telephone: 01246 345345

Visit their website

North East Derbyshire District Council

Telephone: 01246 231111

Visit their website

High Peak Borough Council

Telephone: 0845 129 7777 or 01298 28400

Visit their website

Derbyshire Dales District Council

Telephone: 01629 761100

Visit their website

Derby City Council

Telephone: 01332 293111

Visit their website

South Derbyshire District Council

Telephone: 01283 595795

Visit their website

Peak District National Park Authority

Telephone: 01629 816200

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.