We have a new website with a fresh range of services available. You can visit it here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Pothole and Road Repair


Local authorities have a responsibility for the maintenance and repair of most roads within their areas, including pavements or footways.

Common issues include potholes or other defects on the highway, damage or vandalism to council property, drainage or flooding, street light problems, traffic lights not working and more.

You can report a range of issues and problems online via your relevant council website - Derby City Council for issues within the Derby city boundaries, or Derbyshire County Council for the rest of the county:

Council contacts

Derbyshire County Council

Telephone: 08456 058 058

Visit their website

Derby City Council

Telephone: 0844 372 8381

Visit their website

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.