We have a new website with a fresh range of services available. You can visit it here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Trading Standards

Counterfeit Goods

If you feel that your rights as a consumer have been violated, such as being sold counterfeit goods, faulty items or unfair terms and conditions, your local trading standards office will investigate.

These are typically sited within your local authority, however your first contact should be with the Citizens Advice Bureau.


Citizens Advice Consumer Service

Its advisors are trained to give practical advice on all kinds of consumer issues - from problems with cars to faulty household appliances.

Call them for any questions about your consumer rights, product or service issues.

You can also email your concern via their website

Telephone: 03454 04 05 06


Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT)

FACT works closely with statutory law enforcement agencies to combat all forms of piracy and members include global and UK film distributors, TV broadcasters and sport rights owners.

Crimestoppers has joined with FACT to make it as easy as possible for you to report criminal activity related to people and organisations using the Internet to make stolen films and TV programmes available as well as those involved in the manufacture, distribution and sale of pirate DVDs.

Contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or report it through their website.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.