We have a new website with a fresh range of services available. You can visit it here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Non-recent child sexual abuse

Operation Hydrant is the national policing response to non-recent child sexual abuse allegations.

The team, which is based in South Yorkshire, is co-ordinating multiple historical child sexual abuse investigations around the country. Relevant investigations are those which involve either people of public prominence and/or abuse which has taken place in an institution.

In response to this, Derbyshire Constabulary has set up their own Operation Hydrant team. This consists of a small number of detectives and support staff, along with officers from the local authority, dedicated to relevant allegations of child sexual abuse.

As well as conducting a number of investigations, the Operation Hydrant Derbyshire team offer support and advice to colleagues in relation to this sort of investigation, facilitate information sharing and joint working with a number of partners, and act as the single point of contact between Derbyshire police and the national Operation Hydrant team.

The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) is chaired by Hon Lowell Goddard DNZM and is also known as ‘the Goddard Inquiry’. This is an independent Inquiry set up to investigate whether public bodies and other non-state institutions have taken seriously their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse in England and Wales.

Reporting non-recent sexual abuse

If you are a victim of child sexual abuse, concerned about someone else who is, or otherwise have information about child sexual abuse; and you wish to talk to the Derbyshire police, there are a number of ways you can do this. You can dial 101, contact us online or speak to a Safer Neighborhood team member.

You can also share your experience with the IICSA, Goddard Inquiry, by calling 0800 917 1000, or by completing their online form https://www.iicsa.org.uk/. This can be done anonymously if you wish.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.