Location: Derby City and South Derbyshire
Business Area: Volunteering
Department: Neighbourhood Watch
Additional working conditions: Suitable for job share, flexi-time and part time.
Vetting Level: NPPV LVL 2
Derbyshire Neighbourhood Watch strives to help Derbyshire Constabulary in the reduction and prevention of crime across the whole of the county. We welcome volunteers to help and support our communities. The support you provide in this activity will help support local people and prevent them from becoming the victims of crime as well as promoting Neighbourhood Watch across the area.
What does this activity involve?
• Engaging with the community to deliver crime prevention advice both on the street and at local events.
• Conducting surveys with members of the public to enhance public safety.
• Preparing for crime prevention initiatives, collating information and materials.
• Working collaboratively with police officers, police staff and Derbyshire Constabulary’s Police Support Volunteers to support local policing priorities across the Derby city and South Derbyshire areas.
• Using IT applications such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to write letters, leaflets and reports to analyse engagements with our communities.
You will need to be able to deal with members of the public in a professional and confident manner whether this is face to face, written or over the telephone.
You will also need access to their own transport to get to and from police stations and events when transport isn’t already provided.