We have a new website with a fresh range of services available. You can visit it here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Contact Us

Contact an officer or staff member

If you need to leave a message for a particular officer or member of staff, you can use our handy online form to send them a short note.

Find your local policing team

If you want to get in touch with the police officers and PCSOs that look after your area, visit our My Local Police section.

Thanks, complaints and feedback

Do you want to give us feedback or complain about the service we've provided, contact our chief officers, or make a general enquiry?

Visiting in person

Want to visit us in person? Find out the location of our enquiry offices and Force Headquarters, and give us your enquiry office feedback.

Other reasons to get in touch

Human trafficking

A phone line is available for victims of human trafficking.

The freephone number 0800 0121 700 operates 24/7 and is run by the NSPCC on behalf of the Home Office. This number provides support for those who may be victims of human trafficking.

If you have intelligence about human trafficking, or want to report it, you can call our 101 non-emergency number or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

In an emergency, call 999.


Terrorists won't succeed if someone reports suspicious activity - and you are that someone.

In an emergency, dial 999

If you consider anything to be suspicious or connected with terrorism, call either the national anti-terrorism hotline on 0800 789 321 or Derbyshire Constabulary on 101.

Read more about how Derbyshire Constabulary works with communities to help those who are vulnerable to being drawn into criminal activity. This could be in relation to drugs, knife crime, guns and gangs or involvement in violent extremism.

Internet-related crime

In an emergency, dial 999

For non-emergency reports and intelligence, dial 101.

Read how the Internet Watch Foundation allows you to report illegal content on the web including child abuse images. You can also visit the Internet Watch Foundation website directly.

Visit the Virtual Global Taskforce website, which allows you to report inappropriate or illegal activity towards children online.

On this page you can find out the most convenient ways to report crimes, incidents or neighbourhood issues to either Derbyshire police or its partners.

Use the icons on the left to find the most appropriate way to report specific issues, or use the section below to find out about all the ways you can contact Derbyshire Constabulary.

Emergency - dial 999

The 999 number is a 24 hour service and should only be used in situations where there is:

  • Danger to life
  • Use, or immediate threat of use, of violence
  • A crime in progress
  • Serious injury to a person
  • An offender has just been disturbed at the scene
  • A need for immediate police attendance such as when a crime is about to be committed

Read more on how we deal with 999 calls.


Report via online form

If you want to report a crime or incident to Derbyshire Constabulary you can contact us via our online forms.

Report via social media

We can now take your non-emergency crime reports or enquiries through Facebook and Twitter.

Contact us via Direct Message on our @DerPolContact Twitter account, or message our /DerbyshireConstabulary Facebook page.

Report by phone

You can also call our 101 non-emergency number from anywhere in the UK to get through to us.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired our non-emergency SMS number is 07800 002414, alternatively you can find out other ways to get in touch on our 'Deaf Contact' page.

Please note that all 999 and 101 calls are recorded.

Request a callback

If you have a non-emergency matter to discuss and would like us to phone you at a time that is convenient to you, fill out our online form.

Contact Crimestoppers

Do you have information about criminal activity taking place in your neighbourhood?

Perhaps you were a witness to a crime but want to keep your identity secret?

You can provide anonymous information about crimes by calling 0800 555 111, 24 hours a day and seven days a week. You can also provide anonymous information without ringing, by sending it through a form on the Crimestoppers website.

You can also tell Crimestoppers if you recognise anyone in our Caught on Camera gallery.

Visit the national Crimestoppers site for more information about this independent registered charity.

Overseas and Alternative 101

A telephone number of 01773 730215 is provided for the exclusive use of overseas callers and those unable to call 101.

More information

Find out more about our 101 non-emergency number.

Read more on how we deal with non-emergency calls.